. . . Josh!! Okay now I know most of you will argue that your husband deserves this award, but let me give you a few reasons why my husband received this trophy from Abbi and I and also deserves this award! Many of you probably don't know this side of my husband.1. Josh does the night shift! I don't know many men that willing wake up in the middle of the night to take care of their children! Josh is so good about waking up with Abbi in the middle of the night, feeding her a bottle and getting her back to sleep! He's been on full rotation since I was sick in October and he doesn't complain!
2. Josh works full time, goes to school practically full-time and still finds time to help out around the house! Whether he's making dinner, taking care of Abbi, washing dishes or just straightening up the house, he's always willing to lend a helping hand! He also makes me and him lunch almost every morning!
3. Abbi 95% of the time will only go to bed if Josh is holding her! On Wednesdays and Thursdays, Josh leaves work around 6 am, goes to school and doesn't get home until 9:30 pm. He walks in the door and immediately takes Abbi off my hands and magically gets her to go to sleep (let me remind you, I try and try to get her to go to sleep but she puts up a good fight, even if she's dead tired).
4. Josh is really willing to take time off to stay home if Abbi isn't feeling well. It's hard getting a good substitute for math and it's just hard to plan for a sub, especially teaching in a block schedule. So Josh takes the initiative to not go to work and stay home to tend Abbi! I think it's more of a reward for him though! :O) Which brings me to my next point...
5. Abbi woke up at 1 am crying for a bottle. When Josh went in there, she had thrown up all over herself and crib. He cleaned her up and brought her to me and then went back into her room and changed all the bedding. When he was done, he came to get Abbi from me so I could go back to sleep. 5 minutes later, Abbi throws up all over the carpet in her room. Luckily, she missed herself and Josh. So Josh brings her back to me and we go lay on the couch. He cleans up the carpet and then comes to grab Abbi from me again. 5 minutes later, she throws up on the rug in the living room. So I take her back to our room and pray that she is done throwing up, while Josh cleans up for a third time. He then called his boss just after 3 am to tell her he's staying home to take care of Abbi. Not once did he complain and he even gave her a blessing!
So today at work, instead of grading while my students took a test, I made up this trophy. Josh LOVES peanut m&ms, so I stuck it to a big bag as a way of saying thank you. If you think your husband is more deserving, then feel free to post your arguments and we can have some kind of election! However, the "trophy" stays here! :o)
WOW! Sounds like he is fitting into the daddy role quite nicely! It is so nice having a guy that is willing to pitch in and help and exhaust himself providing and taking care of the family. You are truly lucky! He can keep the trophy for now, but I think Ralph will be fighting him for it shortly. I'll have to reference this one for later on. =)
ReplyDelete