Monday: I forgot to bring the movie for PRIDE (program at school that I’m in charge of in addition to Student Council) and order the pizza. With the help of my sister, I was able to get the movie there in time and with the help from my friend Kim, pizza ordered! Lets just say from 8 – 10 I was freaking out! On top of that, I had students coming and going to be prepped for the awards ceremony on Tuesday!
Tuesday: My birthday, but it didn’t feel like it! I was at school from 8 – 9:30! YUCK! I didn’t get to see Abbi at all. She was asleep when I left and when I got home. :O( Long day. I am, however, 27! Yippee! My favorite 2 digit number. I know, weird.
Wednesday: Hung over from Tuesday. Students naughty! Trying to get ready for substitute and dance. Crazy!
Thursday: Tryout for Wheel of Fortune. Apparently I wasn’t annoying enough. I did really well on the timed test and thought I did well when it was my turn and won another bag. Blah… People that made it were over the top annoying, screaming each contestants name like three times when it was their turn, cheering them on. A few times, not bad, for 60 -75 people, shoot me in the head. Oh well, I’ve stopped recording Wheel of Fortune in protest. I’m actually glad I didn’t get called back. There was yet another call back in LA and I just don’t have the time or energy right now. Maybe in a few years.
Friday: 9th Grade Dinner Dance. The most stressful thing of the year. Student Council plans this for an entire semester. We decorate the cafeteria, feed them food, they dance, get yearbooks… a lot of work. Well early Friday morning (I’m talking 3am), Josh brings Abbi into bed with us… she threw up… GROSS! Thinking it was just a fluke, took her to the babysitters. About Higley, Abbi proceeds to throw up all over herself. SUPER GROSS! I was on the phone with Josh and he called her babysitter and then made arrangements for her to stay with the Nortons (thank you so much)!! So I get her home, give her another shower in the sink (she looked like a Jew during Nazi Germany, I felt bad). Took out the carseat, she managed to get throw up on the upholstery (SUPER GROSS AGAIN), cleaned the carseat (started balling, I HATE throw up), cleaned inside the car (swear I still smell it) and dropped her off.
Get to school, everything going good, students working on setting up for the dance (I took the day off to set up) and about 11:00 we run out of helium; only half the balloons have been filled. Great. Quickly call a place that fills up helium tanks; back about 12:45. From 1:30 – 4 our Student Council kids worked really well. It was amazing to see how quickly everything came together. We did run into a slight light situation, but one of our student’s parents kinda does weddings and she had them readily available. We also decided to do an impromptu balloon arched that turned out really good. I forgot to take pictures of it. We sent most of our kids home to get ready. 5:00 – there is no one in the kitchen. Years past, they cooked the entire time we were setting up, but no one to be found. I’m freaking out, Emily Miller is thinking rationally, we tried to get a hold of cafeteria workers, no luck; plan B. We talked to Rigatony’s and they can get us the food for what we were going to pay for, sweet! 5:30 – oh the cafeteria workers show up; they were told to be there at 5:30 and no one told us!! Cancel Rigatony’s. Finishing touches, good to go! Once the dance started, it was really nice. The kids were the best behaved out of the three years I’ve done the dance. However, I didn’t get home until almost 11. YUCK!
Saturday: Woke up at 5:45 to get milk for Abbi! Josh was gone to school from 6:45 – 7:15. This is the stack of papers I had to grade.
Lots fun! I was sore the entire day, but about 5 I started feeling sick. Threw up, not fun; Josh called the Relief Society person over lessons and told them I wasn’t going to be there to give my lesson! Nice husband.
Sunday: Still sick, slept a lot. Better by Sunday night.
Monday: Pool Party for 9th Graders. Kino's pool just got redone and we were able to secure using it furing 5th-6th hour. The problem is, we needed 1 adult for every 12 students, which means I needed to con 24 adults to give up their prep time or class time to come out to pool. It actually turned out pretty good and the kids had a good time.
Josh got sick, just like me. He also is dealing with an ear infection he’s had for a week and a half and starting to get one in his other ear on top of it! He came home from work and literally went to bed around 6:30ish. I had to take care of Abbi and get her to sleep, which means I finally got to bed at 10:30. Not fun!
So here it is Tuesday night. Josh is still sick. Abbi is wound up. Looks like I’ll be up late again… two more days… two more days… Josh has school tomorrow night, Thursday night is his last Thursday Night class for a while and then Saturday he’ll be gone again from 6:45 – 7:15.
Plan for Saturday: Sleep in, followed by some naps, maybe some cleaning, followed by more naps... we’ll see!!
No comments:
Post a Comment