Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring Break 2009 Woo-Hoo

Teachers look forward to certain times a year. 1. The first day of school 2. The last day of school! 3. October Break 4. Winter Break (a.k.a Christmas Break) and 5. Spring Break! This year I was especially excited to stay home for a week! I was definitely ready for a break! I had a list of things to accomplish and I did pretty good on my list!

1. Spend time with Abbi. I think she was actually excited to go back to the babysitter and grandma so that she doesn’t have to deal with me anymore :O) We played and played and played some more. We stayed up late and slept in a little too! Thursday we went to Freestone Park with Josh and the Nortons. It was so much fun. Our family got a little bit of a sun burn but nothing too bad.

2. Paint!!! I was able to get my room painted! I love my husband and all, but about a year and a half ago, he talked me into letting him paint our room with the colors of his choice. My mistake. I have hated our room ever since (sorry hun). I finally got Josh to agree to let me repaint it! Pictures to come soon!

3. Our front/side yard is officially under control. We have weeds, weeds and more weeds! I actually find it therapeutic to go outside and pull weeds. Crazy I know. It just gives me time to think about life and issues I or my family is facing, as well as ponder things about my Relief Society lesson. I pulled most of them, burned some of them and sprayed the rest. I plan on burning the rest another day!

4. Reorganized!! The office was suffering from Josh and I continual dumping. We try to keep the family room and kitchen clean and consequently the office gets dumped on! Now you know our secret to having a “clean” home. We also dump in our side room, hence the curtain! That’s been reorganized too!

5. Work on school stuff. Ok I know Spring Break is supposed to be a break from school, but I had to do a little lesson planning. You’ll be happy to know I waited until Saturday and late Sunday to do very little of what I actually needed to accomplish. I saved it for this week instead :O)

6. Fill out a bracket for the NCAA Tournament! Last year Josh had me fill out a bracket. I did okay last year, but nothing great. This year I chose teams to win based on clicking on which names I liked better! I know I’m a girl, what do you expect? You think I actually sit around, watch ESPN, spend hours researching on the computer, reading anything about March Madness? Yeah right, that’s my husband! I took 5 minutes to do mine and I’m currently ranked 5 out of 25 brackets. I was number one for a while or tied for first but then Utah lost in the first round and Washington lost in the second and that hurt me a little! I also picked Duke to win in all. Most the guys that I have told that to me laugh… excuse me for not picking a number one seed to win… whatever! I’ll be laughing when I take their money :O)

So now I’m back to school. I have a hectic schedule ahead of me! I have to plan a Pep Rally, Spring Fling (school dance), Student Body Elections, Talent Show, Spirit Competition reward to Skateland, Awards night, PRIDE awards and 9th grade Dinner Dance on top of AIMS/Terra Nova Testing and possibly relocating to another school and finding a summer job!! Don’t be jealous!! I’m glad that at least I have a great Co-Sponsor, Emily Miller, to help out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment